Followers

Pages

19 September 2018

Le Hospital Visit



Image result for hospital visit cartoon

Selamat pagi semua! 🌝

Hopefully you guys are doing just great! Okay so today I have some stories to share with you guys. (Honestly the title wasn't to be like that because hari tu nak cepat, nak save as draft je dulu. So hospital visit already in my mind but 'Le' I don't remenber where it comes from haha. And because it looks nice, so I just let the title be like that.)

Recently, I came to a hospital for a visit of my uncle who got admitted to the hospital. I just want to share two things that happened that day.


FIRST STORY

There was a patient lying beside my uncle's bed. Definitely, he is not someone that we know, but his situation really got me... tearful? A bit la hehe. He got no one near him to always take care of him at the hospital. My aunty ada cerita sikit pasal family tapi tak ingat sangat la. Not sure what kind of illness he had, but I heard that he can't see clearly, if I'm not mistaken.

And so then, it was his time to eat. My aunty helped him by putting that rectangular portable table close to him with his meal on it. She also told him where the spoon was. My aunty asked him if he wanted her help to feed him the meal as he can't see very well. He said no, it's okay.

But then, we saw he tried putting his hand here and there on the foods, trying to find for food or spoon I guess. As we saw that, one of my family member helped him feeding the food.

When I saw that, I felt quite terharu. Even if we didn't know for each other, but we care and we help each other. And even I felt that I wanted to help him.

Being in the hospital sometimes can make you realized something important that you might cannot get it anywhere. You learn something. For me, I think those who works in the hospital environment that dealing with patients' life, they may learn many things instead of just about medical.

It's about humanity, kindness, and concern.


Another event.

SECOND STORY

A patient at the opposite row from my uncle's bed, got cramped at his part of body. Not sure where was that. The doctor and nurse got him lying on his right side. You know I mean, mengiringkan badan dia la.

Okay this time was when I thought something funny or what. Definitely it was not because of the patient's condition. Gila apa aku nak ketawakan dia, its not good. I laughed at myself okayy.

It was when my sister suddenly asked me why did the nurse lied him on his side when he got cramped. Well of course I'm a bit shocked when she asked and I had to think quickly why. Yela, aku ni boleh dikatakan medical student or half medical student, cuma aku tak deal directly with patient je. So as I'm such a medical student, maybe that's why she asked me that question, hoping that I may know the answer.

Lucky me.

The answer came right on time in my mind. I answered, that was may be due to the recovery position. It is a position to do on someone who get cramp or not conscious well, I think kalau tak silap. To loosen or correcting his blood flow, something like that. Aku tak ingat sangat tapi lebih kurang macam tu la hehe.

You know how I know this when my course is more focus on test or diagnosis from patient's sample?

Hahaha.

That's all what I learnt from PBSM classes in my early year of degree. Nasib baik jugak la apa yang aku belajar time PBSM dulu tetiba datang kat otak ni tepat pada masanya. Thankfully, I was able to answer their question. (Either betul tak je la haha.)

Haa, that is when I thought its quite funny for me, which is that I'm not wasting my time taking PBSM as my co-Q activity in the college. Alhamdulillah la, aku masih ingat apa yang aku belajar hahaha.

Tak sia-sia aku belajar kan. But anyway, anyone should learn also about this. Because you never know when this kind of situation appear in front of you. It's not necessarily to be happen in the hospital only, it may also happen at your house or workplace.


Image result for hospital visit cartoon


That's all some sharing from me. I hope that you may get something from this. Nothing much, but may be something precious to get.

See you in the next entry!


p/s: I'm going to Orang Asli village this Friday for Parasite Camp, under my course and under parasite subject of course. Just telling you. Hopefully, aku rajin la nak update kat blog aku ni nanti haha. So, tunggu la story aku dari parasite camp ni okay! Hehe πŸ˜„


🌸🌸🌸

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Feel free to drop your comment here. ^^

Thanks a lot! ♥

Newer Post